Dear friend --
Welcome to the October issue of the Migraine Australia newsletter.
Saying thanks this National Carers Week
- Quilipta (Atogepant) has been FDA approved.
Quilipta is another gepant class medication targeting the CGRP receptor - but this one was developed as a preventative. This is a really good option for those who would prefer a tablet to injected medications, with very similar numbers of over 50 per cent experiencing a 50 per cent reduction in attack frequency and around a quarter of people being super-responders with complete or near complete freedom from migraine attack. It is available in three dosage strengths giving some flexibility to management as well.
Learn more about other drugs and their status on the website.
Interested in being a moderator for your local support group? We have introduced moderators to work alongside ambassadors to help approve social posts and new members. Email our Director of Support for more information.
Don't forget there a various support groups available for you to join:
- Your local Migraine Warrior Group.
- Our supportive migraine community understands life with migraine. Ask questions, learn more about migraine and join a group of Australians that just get it. Find the Migraine Australia Chat Group here.
- By men, for men. Our Men with Migraine Support Group is for Australian men of all ages who experience migraine. Join here.
- Migraine in children and teens can be an emotional journey for parents and carers. Share support and advice in our Migraine Family and Friends Support Group.